THE BRITISH OXYGEN COMPANY
The Company was started by the Brin Brothers in 1886 with an original factory at Horseferry Road in Westminster. The company expanded gradually taking over others and encompassing new processes –this included, for instance, the Sparklets factory in Edmonton, and, in a different field, development of oxy-acetyline cutting equipment. In Greenwich they opened one of a number of high-purity oxygen production plants before the Great War. The plant was closed and the site sold in the 1990s. It was in Tunnel Avenue covering the site of new housing on the south eastern part of the road.