Beale leased a section of the Greenwich riverside. This is part of section K2 on the Skinner plan (page 1) and 150 on the tithe map – shown as ‘foundry and yard’.
In 1860 James Thomas Pomeroy is listed on the site with a ‘chimney shaft and wharf’ – he is described as a ‘founder’. However, mysteriously, three years later this is described as a ‘cement works’ with ‘kilns, boiler new engine house and plant, chimney , wharf, tunnel, etc.’
Return to Beale Foundry