General information on Granite Wharf here
MEDIEVAL TIDE MILL
The Tide Mill – item on Greenwich Industrial History blog announcing the finding of the mill
Greenwich Medieval Tide Mill – item on Greenwich Industrial History blog reporting on a talk about the mill
Water power in medieval Greenwich– item on Greenwich Industrial History blog reporting on an article on the mill
John Mowlem and Granite Wharf – article by Mary Mills written for Bygone Kent
geolgal wal0001 – brochure about the a copy of the wall at Watchett Station
Curiosities of Swanage – the Great Globe, extract from book about Swanage
LRA Report on Wharves – London Rivers Association Report, 1980s
Wilders and Walker Moorings
Factory and sheds 1850-1860
Ovenall & Nelan Ltd.
Barge and tug repairs 1950s
ACE MACHINERY/KENTISH BRICK COMPANY
William, Basil ad Percy leased Granite Wharf and Yard in 1922. Their father had been a contractor for iron and steel – railway track – based from 1880 at Creek Road in Deptford. In 1936 they moved to Westmoor Street, Charlton having built up a business in sewage treatment machinery.
Return to Lovells Wharf